Who can apply?
İstanbul Bilgi University’s Unit for The Prevention of Sexual Harassment and Assault covers all university members including academic and administrative staff, representatives and employees of subcontracted firms, all persons and employees providing services and students.
All kinds of sexual harassment and assault perpetrated by these people against each other or third persons in all university campuses and in venues and vehicles assigned to university’s service fall within the scope of the Unit, so long as all or at least one of the parties are affiliated with the University. The persons believing to have been subject to or witness of sexual harassment or sexual assault can make an application to the Unit.
All applications and interviews will be kept confidential and will not be shared with any person or institution without your permission.
How to apply?
You can apply by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by directly contacting members of the board / representatives’ network.
You do not need to provide any details other than your contact information in your application.
What happens after you apply to the unit?
1. After your application is received, an appointment is scheduled for a face-to-face meeting as soon as possible.
2. At this meeting, the details of the incident, your needs and demands are discussed.
3. After that, the board of the UPSHA is gathered to determine the best options and resources regarding your needs and demands.
4. Another face-to-face meeting is arranged to share the necessary information with you.
5. The processes are followed according to your needs and demands.